Single is suggestive. It’s meant to be empowering. It’s not a handicap and too many of us are taking too long to realize this and move forward. Here’s the thing; shit happens. We can either sit in the moment of doubt and fear or despair or we move. Too many times we’ve (women) been on the receiving end of heartbreak and disappointment and too many of us are allowing it to hold us hostage.
Starting over is supposed to be the best time of our lives, now we know what we want and what we know we deserve. It’s time to stop allowing the pain of the past to keep up from experiencing life as we know it.
Here is where we go from here.
- Take some time off work if possible and go away for the weekend.
- Stop mentally reliving the past. What happened has happened and it’s over now.
- Think about what it is you want your kids to know about you
- Walk away from people who try to shame you for leaving
- Go back to where your life felt good and it all made sense.
- Cultivate new friendships
- Find a new hobby or 3
- Talk about the pain of what happened, but talk about it to heal. Allow room for vulnerability.
I believe in the positive development of single moms and that includes you. Be strong and be patient with yourself. You deserve that.